No browsers, maps, or route-planning apps can be used during the challenge. You can however look at maps on signs and bus stops along your journey, or ask strangers for help.
- look at maps on signs and bus stops
- ask strangers for help
- use your phone for essential functions like calling and texting
- use paper or digital maps
- write down instructions from a stranger
- copy down a map from a sign or bus stop
- use your phone to look up directions
- ask a stranger to look up directions on their phone
The use of public (buses, trains, etc) or private (bikes, taxis, cars, etc) transport is not allowed during the challenge. The challenge may be marked as invalid if we detect that you used some form of transport.
- run, but a moderator may need to verify your attempt before you can share it
- be mindful of other pedestrians, cars and cyclists when completing the challenge
- use public transport (e.g. buses, trains, trams, ferries)
- use private transport (e.g. cars, taxis, bicycles)
Please avoid trespassing on private property while completing the challenge. There is no need to enter any areas restricted to staff or paying customers as simply standing near those areas will be counted as a visit.
- stand next to checkpoints that have restricted access to be counted as a visit
- report to us (in the challenge options) when it is not possible to enter an area
- go into areas where access to the public is restricted
- use the challenge as an excuse to gain entry to a paid area for free
Do more with premium.
Unlock more features by becoming a premium member!
The premium subscription will be available after the release of Lost in the City. Get 72 hours early access to the app by adopting a location.
- Customise your trip with themes
- Challenge your friends
- Be the first to try out new features
- Unlock 100+ locations in the game
- Remove all advertising from the app